View Single Post
Old 03-17-2022, 10:24 AM

Not sure why you wouldn't have them media blast or dip the car. Do you want them to address the floors/strip them too manually? Jams? This would likely be chemical strip if by hand.

Last year I had my '56 full media blasted. I provided it on my rotisserie all ready for blasting. I was about $2,500. For a shop to prep it for this, transport and return it, you are probably $3,500-4K all in. If you want manual strip I would guess 4-6 weeks with floors/jams/trunk and probably 180+ hrs. With materials assume probably 15-18K to manually strip it.

Firewall is probably a week or 25-40hrs of work depending on condition. Likely another 20-40hrs of no rust/issues for small repair areas. So 6-8K here.

Prep and epoxy coat: Probably 2K in materials plus another 2-3 weeks of prep/spray time. When I did mine it was a full week and several booth sessions to get all sides, etc. 40-60hrs in labor would be my guess. So 6-8K for epoxy spray out.

Panel assembly and jam adjustments is a big one depending on how bad the panels are. Lots of cutting/welding likely to get them perfect. You are probably 4-6 weeks in a shop to get this done or 150-200 labor hours would be my guess. You also have to re-spray the weld/grind areas post fix so add another 1-2K for epoxy touch ups. You are probably 12-15K here depending on conditions.

My guess:
Low est: 22K
High est: 38K