View Single Post
Old 02-13-2020, 09:41 AM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Che70velle View Post
I don’t know what’s more impressive, the power and performance numbers, OR the fact that there’s a warranty.
Kinda, they only cover the engine. So when I worked for the Cadillac dealer we got in a Hennessey Escalade. If I remember right it was the 650hp version and it had a smoked 8 speed in it. Because it only had 1300 miles on it and it was a Hennessey we had to call GM because the customer wanted a new transmission and not to have his rebuilt. When you tell GM the ECM calibration code (because they ask for it) and that it is a Hennessey they tell you that the engine and transmission are not covered under warranty and give you a phone number to call Hennessey for warranty coverage. Its an internal bulletin they have so I didn't get to read it and they pretty much just stop talking to you and say thats as far as they can go with the conversation.

So we called up Hennessey and they said the transmission is under GM warranty and to call GM. In the end the customer paid out of pocket to put a new transmission in his brand new 2018 $100k+ Escalade.
BMR Sales (02-13-2020), clill (02-13-2020), fleetus macmullitz (02-13-2020), RdHuggr68 (02-13-2020)