View Single Post
Old 03-17-2006, 06:43 PM

Cool! I love hearing everyone's opinions on things and do my very best to respect all of them. I will say, however, I am not sure I understand exactly how you came to the conclusion that you did, and I'd also really like to hear why you feel that the two systems you mentioned are better in terms of an every day driver, what specifically brought you to that conclusion? I'm not trying to start a fight whatsoever, rather I am trying to learn why these types of perceptions exist. I'll do my best in turn to explain our side of the story and be as honest as I can about the specifics of our deal. In my opinion, our setup is just as at home on the street as it is on the track, the two don't need to be mutually exclusive by any means. In fact, I have been running the three link on the street for years, and folks that have ridden in it are surprised at how civil it is after hearing the phrase "road race inspired."

I will state that I have not ridden in a car with a truck arm, but I have had several IRS cars. As far as tuning our system, the only base tuning that needs to be done is a simple wheel alignment (which should be done with EVERY suspension upgrade, including leafs), and setting the pinion angle. The rest of the stuff is provided for you (which position to put the control arms, and where the bellcrank should be positioned), and it is likely that you'd never need or even want to touch anything thereafter. There's really very little to it.

Anyway, if you can help me out with your impressions, I'll do my best to reciprocate in explining the specifics as best I can.

Thanks!
Mark