View Single Post
Old 10-10-2018, 03:51 PM

I've installed a couple sets of the Aero6’s now on friend's cars and have a set waiting to go on my own car. One set I installed is on a track car with 315/335 Hoosiers with the thermlock pistons and they're holding up well. The Aero6 is much stiffer than the old W6A and has more even pad wear and much better pedal feel as a result. The only real drawback compared to the old W6A is that the integral bridge on the aero caliper means you have to pull the caliper to swap pads; with the old W6A you could pull the pins and swap pads from the top.

I'm still hoping Wilwood will make some Aero4 calipers for the rear with 4x 1.38" pistons to be a good bias match for the 5.40" front Aero6's without having to resort to staggered diameter master cylinders as not everyone has that option. Until they do I'll stick with the 4x 1.38" piston FNSL4R's in the rear which are a great bias match for the 5.40" Aero 6's and allow use with a “normal” tandem-style master cylinder.