View Single Post
Old 08-02-2019, 10:43 PM

I fielded and drove a NASCAR late model in the early to mid 2000’s. I put thousands of laps in and I have to say that the number one most common issue we had to deal with was having enough extra MSD 6ALN boxes on the truck. Those things dropped like flies back then. We’d build our ignition setups with dual boxes on an A-B switch within easy reach when a box would fail. I bet I bought a dozen of them in 6 years. Probably more. It was a common running joke in the pits among all of the late model guys. Everyone of us, 25ish cars every week, had same issues. Electrical is my skill set, along with engines, as I own an electrical contracting company that pays my bills, so it’s not like I didn’t know how to wire my cars. Not trying to discourage anyone here, just sharing what we went through back then. We were mandated to run that box, per our rules, so we had no options. I never lost 2 in an event, but I lost 1 of them on many occasions. We mounted them up on legs so air could get under them. Pulled fresh air on from right side of car to blow across the ignition board, and rubber mounted it all. It got to where no one in our class would put the MSD sponsor stickers on our cars, that we were supposed to run as a track sponsor promotion package. Harsh environment for sure, and definately not a street environment for us, so hopefully these work well for you in a street car environment.
70 velle' on custom chassis w/custom RideTech coilovers, RED sleeved 434” with Mamo 265’s, F-body Magnum, 12 bolt 3:73, wilwood 6/4's, bla, bla, bla...build. thread https://lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php4?t=39631
New 434” engine build here https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...ved-block.html

Thanks Dad!!

My Chevelle is old school... It has a belt driven power steering pump.
They're 17's, but I keep em clean!