Thread: Crypto 101?
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2022, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMSOILGUY View Post
I agree the new coins are risky as all get up. But you can still buy Bitcoin and hold it. Are you going to get back in?
Its very unlikely I will get back in. I made my money and cant complain. I looked at it as a cheap hail mary investment/gamble when I purchased bitcoins years ago. I figured what is a few grand in the big picture, with that idea the large gains in bitcoin like what I previous had are long past.

Even if bitcoin was to hit 1 million apiece thats a 20 fold profit from current prices, while not bad I wouldnt want to roll the dice it. I have more secure places I would invest my money. If I was to get back it with would be with the doge coin or what ever its called, throw $1000 at it and wait a decade.

I have not looked much into the newer coins buy they seem to have a lot of gimicks to get you to invest in them and then a month later they disappear and who ever was holding all the cash made off like a bandit. I think that is also what scares most people away from this form of currency.

96 Corvette
91 V8 S10
88 Olds Cutlass
The Following User Says Thank You to silvermonte For This Useful Post:
AMSOILGUY (02-04-2022)