View Single Post
Old 06-02-2014, 01:06 PM

Thanks Jody. As most people who watched the build thread know we were invited to the Hot Rod Magazine Flog test. Well while watching the test driver man handle this car on the road course David Kennedy, one of the head editors of Hot Rod said it would be really cool to recreate an old add the was used to promote the 1970 chevelle in the article for the flog test. I informed him my parents were not even married when that ad came out.

So a few weeks after the flog test David called and wanted to recreate the ad for the cover of the magazine. We wanted to know if the customer would be interested. I told him, I'm sure he would. So last week we did this out on a friend of mines property. These are the pictures I took when out of the car. So it looks nothing like the real cover shot. But if you add a crazy burn out and lighting coming from the back of the car that looks like you just blew up the engine on the back stretch at Daytona. I saw the pics on the photographers camera and they were intense to say the least.