View Single Post
Old 03-08-2018, 06:32 AM

I wanted to drop off some words of encouragement for whomever needs it.

In December the day after Christmas I hit rock bottom with my health and weight. I was at 316 and sluggish, taking a nap every day. I was depressed and felt like heck.I had been sick with a head cold since Thanksgiving and that cold lasted until the first full week of January.

On January 12th I decided I was tired of being complacent and overweight. I needed to get down to at least 270 like my doctor had told me last fall. I set a goal of 260 and joined a health club on January 13th.

I started by walking around the inside track, 16 laps equal a mile. I felt humiliated at first as even "older" seniors were "running" and passing me. Gradually I made it to where I could walk/run, then sprint. I hired a trainer that taught me weight routines, legs, arms, core, etc. I bought a Fitbit for my wife and I, and their scale so I could track my progress and my weight. I put myself on a low calorie diet, quit drinking back in December and have stuck to that and the diet.

Today I am down 35 pounds, this is a combination of the strict diet, working out 6 days a week, a trainer, and a supportive wife. I also do all the cooking so I know what is going in for fuel and I can track it. I still have 11 pounds to get to the doctors goal. I have decided I can and will go beyond my goal of 260 for my health, I am 6', 6" and 240 is more likely a better weight but I need to go back to the doctor to discuss.

Think about this for a moment... If an overweight, 61 year old guy that was depressed, taking naps daily can get out of his slump, so can you. I think Todd started this as a "Help others" post, I hope this does that...

So I throw this out there, if you need encouragement beyond this. PM me. I will be glad to talk.

Thanks for listening, Joe

My 68 Torino
The Following User Says Thank You to jarhead For This Useful Post:
BMR Sales (03-16-2021)