View Single Post
Old 08-09-2018, 04:50 PM

Quote:
>MAYBE....... but I'm hearing from people that know more and have had nothing but issues with this particular design.
Curious about this. I learned more practical knowledge reading Ron's threads on here in 1 week than I learned in 15 years of reading books/internet and building myself.

So I drank the kool-aid hard. But I had a reasonably positive experience with Ron Fall 2016. I ordered a suspension design workup. He told me up front it would take a while so I waited and he did deliver after a few months, and then I had some changes and he did an update for me fairly quickly. This was a workup using his basic philosophy but somewhat constrained as I was adapting it to an existing chassis. When I could get him on the phone he was very very helpful. And every part I ordered showed up fairly quickly, although I didn't order anything too exotic or custom (I built or sourced those myself because I am impatient and experienced). So overall It was somewhat positive, but after 20 years at this hobby I'm also very attuned to certain subtle and not so subtle red flags, so I was glad I wasn't too dependent on him.

The car drove better than ever when I was done but I 've been burnt out for some time and I sold it before it saw serious track time (I need to write that thread).

However I still feel like his suspension design and philosophy make total sense so I'm very curious if others dont' feel the same way. Dusold certainly seems to have had success with his design.