View Single Post
Old 08-12-2018, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregWeld View Post
I have a plan for Dirt Missile...... Leaving tomorrow to drive back to Cali (12 hours) and drag her to a few more hours for a full damage assessment.... Motor comes out and goes back for full rebuild after 30 laps.... don't care if it's hurt or not - I suspect every square inch of the car now..... did I get what I paid for.... are they really the parts as spec'd.... is the suspension worth keeping or is it scrapped for "more normal" or graft a SpeedTech sub to the front now... IDK -- but we'll find out and just move forward ASAP.

Thank you to ALL OF YOU - (and you know who you are) - that have come forward with advice, and support... THIS IS THE REAL COMMUNITY WE HAVE.
Greg,

Don't forget the "baby and bathwater" scenario with a hasty reaction. A 1:53 (in the correct direction) by a Porsche GT3 was an extremely fast time at a recent NASA event. Your car could have run that, even with its growing pains. You recently said this in one of my threads:

"I'm not a suspension "guy" --- frankly -- I could care less about it. I have a guy that knows a guy that knows a thing or two about that stuff.... so I can keep my pretty little head as empty as possible...."

and Blake posted this in this thread:

" I feel that the design and performance of our subframes and chassis are the top of the Line. We did all the design EXCEPT the geometry on the front suspension, which Ron did and I think you are starting to see some pretty well built competitive cars out there now."

I'm not being a "bois" - just pointing out that Ron is a master at suspension geometry, and if you are going to make changes you need to make sure you get advice from someone as equally qualified - or you will could up with a slower car. Just my $.02 worth.

Pappy