View Single Post
Old 08-12-2018, 02:04 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Thanked 1,077 Times in 385 Posts

Pappy ----- ONE (of the many) epiphanies I had trackside this last weekend ---- there were 200 cars there -- all running hard and fast and having fun. I had a crew of 4 -- So called Masterbaiter -- so called car builder -- so called mechanic and so called electronics man..... EVERYONE ELSE WAS RUNNING JUST FINE....This group couldn't get 3 laps per session and not make other sessions.

The thing that makes me smarter than the average guy --- I know I can build - maintain - run - set up - adjust -- with other guys. There's no magic in this. It's not new. It ain't even special. What it will be going forward - is sans bullsh!t.

IN other words -- there's zillions of people that know more, and will be in my corner at the drop of the proverbial hat.

Let's start a list of seeing hands --- I pay $3,000 per weekend plus expenses.... all you have to do is be honest - have a clue - and keep your mouth shut about "me, myself, and I".

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfain View Post
Greg,

Don't forget the "baby and bathwater" scenario with a hasty reaction. A 1:53 (in the correct direction) by a Porsche GT3 was an extremely fast time at a recent NASA event. Your car could have run that, even with its growing pains. You recently said this in one of my threads:

"I'm not a suspension "guy" --- frankly -- I could care less about it. I have a guy that knows a guy that knows a thing or two about that stuff.... so I can keep my pretty little head as empty as possible...."

and Blake posted this in this thread:

" I feel that the design and performance of our subframes and chassis are the top of the Line. We did all the design EXCEPT the geometry on the front suspension, which Ron did and I think you are starting to see some pretty well built competitive cars out there now."

I'm not being a "bois" - just pointing out that Ron is a master at suspension geometry, and if you are going to make changes you need to make sure you get advice from someone as equally qualified - or you will could up with a slower car. Just my $.02 worth.

Pappy
The Following User Says Thank You to GregWeld For This Useful Post:
gofastwclass (08-12-2018)