View Single Post
Old 02-07-2019, 10:54 AM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71RS/SS396 View Post
I've had the same Ram slave in my car for 7 years with zero issues with it on the hydraulic side, I had to replace the push on bearing once. I've not had much luck with the McCleod slaves living very long. I've had the best luck with Tilton masters. If your master had a short life I would double check your alignment to the clutch pedal, they don't like to be side loaded.
Tim,
The slave is original GM that came with the transmission. The McCleod kit came with pre-drilled clutch pedal, and the alignment looks to be dead on. If this still does not work, I'll switch to DSE set up with Tilton 7/8" master.

I already dropped the tranny, and it's wet around the fittings on the tick remote bleeder line. I was able to tighten it 1/8 of a turn. Think that's part of the issue. I'm going to replace the slave/clutch set up (unknown miles) with a slave/LS7 clutch set up.

Does any one know whether the Centerforce DYAD clutch can be rebuilt? A guy at Centerforce told me it can't be rebuilt, and I found it hard to believe.