View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 11:07 PM

I am gutting my current road race car to build the Nova, so instead of a Porsche with a mix of Chevy parts, I will have a Chevy with a mix of Porsche parts The 16x11 and 16x12 wheels will be utilized on this car for road racing and I may bump up to 18s for the street use as there is a good selection of 11" to 13" rubber out there for that diameter these days.

Crazy how much cleaner my garage was then

The 914 has a de-stroked 400 (353 cubes with a 327 crank and 6" rods). Simple flattop combo with alum 23deg heads and tappet cam. 525HP/438 ft-lbs when I broke it in on the dyno 7 years ago in Placentia CA with only a 1% correction factor. Been beating the hell out of it for 7 years now and she just keeps rockin'.

Took the car out last Saturday for the final hoorah on an open track day and it was the fastest car there and ran a lap 2.1 seconds faster than the SCCA Super Production class record which happens to be held by another 914 V8 but it has a 402 cube all alum brodix tall deck engine and 150 more HP. In fact, even in light traffic, I have over a dozen record breaking laps, so it makes it hard to tear it down but I need something new.
Attached Images