View Single Post
Old 06-26-2013, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by syborg tt View Post
Great project.

I see where you bought the DSE offset shackles and Spring, Mini-tubs. My suggestion would be to buy the DSE subframe connectors as the offer the cleanest fit & Finish once installed.

That being said you've started purchasing DSE stuff for the rear then you should stick with DSE upper, lower control arms, springs & shocks to match the rear. Don't forget to get their subframe bushings as they will complete the package.

DSE kit offers a static ride height just like a factory type set up however with a lowered stance. For my project I choose Ride-Tech for the suspension front and rear but I did use DSE Mini-tubs, SubFrame Connectors, Body Bushing and Brake Booster.

I love the offerings from both of these companies. You should also look at Speed-Tech because the have a pretty cool set up for the front of 2nd Gens.

? Are you keeping the 74 Subframe
Marty, I have been following your project closely. It seems we have similar ideas and taste (although my mountain bike has been hanging from the ceiling in the garage for about 5 years).

I have the DSE subframe connectors, offset shackles and rear upper shock crossmember, but I haven't purchased springs or shocks. My plan was to run the leafspring setup for now and upgrade to the quadralink down the road. I contacted DSE to see if they sold the upper bar pockets separately as I wanted to install them now(while the car is in the raw state) rather than have to pull everything apart again later just to install the pockets...DSE advises they do not sell them separately so I started to rethink things.

I have an email in to Ride-Tech now and just waiting to hear back from them.

Yes, I plan on using the 74 subframe (I have the one from the 70 donor as well). I'm not sure which one is going to need the least amount of work.