View Single Post
Old 04-29-2012, 11:19 PM

Hey what's up Mr.P! Thanks fo rthe nice words. The car rides just like a stock Camaro. It's soft but totally street friendly by all means. The shocks from Calvert are vastly adjustable so you have some tuning options there as well. I keep the bars preloaded on the street and have not seen or felt any isue with doing so. The streeting box is a stock non-power unit with just new links and tie rods. It drives just fine for me. It's not a fast ratio but I can't see any need for one. The biggest change I have felt so far was the move to tubular upper control arms with 4 degrees of caster built in to them. These are the summit units and are very nice quality and fit great. They make the car so stable on the big end, it's almost boring to drive through the traps. I think if you went to a large diameter wheel to fit your brakes- like a 17x11 with a 315DR you could get close to your 60' goals. Guys are really doing crazy things with that new Hoosier radial so that me something to look at as well. We're doing another test on the 12th so I'll post the results again. Hope that answers some of your questions and all is well, Dave

Smithcraft Collision and Restoration
Newcastle , CA