View Single Post
Old 02-12-2013, 10:15 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikels View Post
Simple answer is, yes - you can control a PWM fan controller with GM E67 controller (or E38 or E40).

Wiring is fairly simple - just need to wire PWM output from controller (can find wiring mech's for Corvette online pretty easily).

Obviously calibration needs to be changed as well from what controller was delivered with. Crate engine is disrete output, and you need PWM. There are several variables that need to be changed to make this work properly (including PWM frequency).

Fan output duty cycle can then be calibrated based on these inputs:
-Engine coolant temp - from ECT sensor
-AC pressure (will need to add production pressure sensor and wire as well)
-Intake air temp - IAT sensor in MAF

You can also calibrate 'after run' on fan to keep fan running at lower level after hot shut-down to reduce heat soak.

HP Tuners allows access to all these variables.

Dave

Dave
Dave, Thank you very much for your reply. You've given me a new head of steam to figure out how to accomplish the mission.

If I understand your response it means I need to:

1.Buy the PWM fan control module used on all C6 Corvettes

2. Find a pin out diagram for the E67 ECM like the one that came with my LSA crate engine. Best bet would be the pinout for the C6 ZR1 corvette.

3. Find a wiring diagram for a ZR 1 C6 Corvette that shows the wiring between the E67 ECM and the PWM fan control module.

4. Add a wire from the PWM signal output pin on my E67 ECM and run it to the PWM fan control module.

5. Purchase AC pressure sensor used in the C6 corvette and install in my system.

6. Have my ECM programmed to provide the PWM output signals I prefer to the output pin I added the wire to.

Did I understand correctly?

Thanks again for your willingness to point me in the right direction.