View Single Post
Old 05-15-2014, 03:34 PM

Default Ironworks & Fairway Chevrolet build a 55 Chevy street sleeper monster.

After we got the Chevelle wrapped up and she got all the press she did for a 16 year old paint resto project, the guys from Fairway Chevrolet asked about building another project. But this time step up the game just a little bit. I suggest a 55 chevy project I had been gathering parts for for many years. Greg's main concern was the driveability of the car over long distances. So when this project began discussion last fall Greg's main concern was being able to drive the car from Las Vegas to Bakersfield of Scottsdale and having the same driving experience the Chevelle has but this time with a bit more "BLING". That Chevelle is awesome to drive, Ask me how I know......

So the discussion of the building a 1955 Chevrolet that was very subdued was talked about. Basically try to out due the stance on the Chevelle with a 55 Chevrolet. Well the 55 I had need a quarter panel and I always knew these cars would take what's called a "wedge section" to make them look proper. The Wedge Section will thin out the entire car from front to back. But with this car we cut the body through the back side of the front wheel opening. And then dropped the front frame horns to get the front headlight and grille assembly to come down 2.5" and make the bumper even with the rocker from the side profile. In this picture below you will see what I'm talking about.

And here is the direction we are going with the car in this rendering. You will notice that the bumper is now down quite a bit in this rendering to effectively lower the front of the car and tuck the front wheels 2.25" further into the car without really disrupting the visual appeal of the 55 Chevrolet.

Alright enough of the blah blah blah. Lets get to the fab work.