View Single Post
Old 06-25-2009, 10:13 AM
Lateral-G Supporting Vendor

Thanks for sharing my enthusiasm, guys!

Baer Brakes, complete Hotchkis TVS system, Lee quick ratio steering box from Savitske, my wheels and BF/Gs are all going to happen in the next 2 weeks before I leave for Columbus. Like I said, Summer's here and I'm not that patient!

Thanks Tom, I love your Rambler and totally sympathize with the long road a car like that goes on and seen it happen 100 times with friends and clients so I bought the cleanest car I could find that wasn't totally mainstream but had a lot of aftermarket support and some style and a full frame under it and it just so happens, great paint and interior! Bonus! I was totally fixated on wheels and stance so I was willing to buy a car with some patina bit when I found this, I had to pull the trigger. Another guy came to buy it from the craigslist ad 3 minutes after we shook on the deal. He got out of his car to see what he missed, shook his head, congratulated me and said "You snooze, you lose and I snoozed!".

From what I've learned doing a little research, the color is 64 Buick Marlin Blue.

The paint is base/clear and is in good shape but I've had some time to play with it while I wait for parts so I've been cleaning and detailing and even had some help from my daughter on Father's Day.

Here she is polishing the coat hook with Eagle One NEVR DULL. No, I didn't misspell that. Good stuff and I've used quite a bit of it cleaning up the stainless and neglected chrome like the interior and exterior mirrors, door handles, and all the various gingerbread. Good stuff but use it in an open area or you'll get dizzy.

Ever used paint clay? Think it's snake oil? It's frikkin' magic! For little spots, just use your spray detail but if you have a 17' long car with dry feeling paint, fill up your wash bucket with soapy water and keep your area wet and well lubed and rub gently with the clay spread out flat and you will be blown away by what the clay picks up and what your paint looks and feels like afterward. The paint is fine and there's lots of clear on it but it needed a little love and just had that dry feeling like it hadn't been waxed in a few years. Now it feels like it's freshly waxed and I haven't even taken any polish to it. The clay works on aluminum and glass as well.

So easy, an 8 year old can do it!

How's that for an endorsement? Hey Mother's, need a spokesmodel?