Thread: AMD dealer
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2021, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Che70velle View Post
I had an original GM hood on my Chevelle when I got it. It was cherry. I took it to a blaster to remove the SEVEN layers of color my car had on it...yes 7 different colors since 1970...and the blaster ruined it. It was as wavy as the Atlantic. Trash.
AMD is here in North Ga, and I went over and bought a new hood. It’s like 75 pounds heavier than the GM hood. That tells me it’s made well, but it’s just so heavy out there on the nose, I’d really like a carbon hood now. Hood fit perfect and only had two tiny dings that I had to fix.
I bought an entire new front clip (minus the hood of course) when building the car from YearOne...also here in North Ga...who sold me Goodmark sheet metal. It fit like crap and only the pass side headlight extension didn’t need work. Lots of cutting, welding, and body work to make it all fit. I set it all up with the original hood, so that’s how I know the AMD hood fit like OEM.
Your AMD hood weighed 75 pounds more than a stock OEM hood? What does the OEM hood weigh?

Don