View Single Post
Old 01-18-2022, 09:03 PM

Digging this thread back up, as it has proven to be a valuable way to track the history on this build haha.

So...2015 was my last update, and here we are in 2022. I left the Savannah area in 2016 and returned to the Atlanta area and this project slowed to a crawl until I was able to buy our current house in 2017. While I'm no longer adjacent to a fantastic race track, I do have a dedicated workspace for the car as the house has a basement with a drive-in garage in addition to our upstairs garage! It has proven to be a nice adjustment over the previous cramped garage, but ultimately I will still want to have a standalone building for the shop.

Anyway! Updates!

- The car runs and drives!
- I've nearly completed an entire re-wire of the car (not a hard task, but was absolutely necessary as the original wiring was desperately needing replaced)
- Rear end is factory posi trac unit with 3.55 gears
- Front and rear windshield pans have been replaced
- VintageAir setup nearly complete, I just need to charge the A/C system. Heater system has already been leak checked and pressurized up to operating temp
- Still need to buy BMR sway bars

Hoping to have the last few mechanical kinks worked out in the next few weeks and then I will be taking the car down to my parents in Central GA in anticipation of getting it painted, and then begins the fun task of putting the interior back together!
camcojb (01-18-2022), Roscoe03 (01-20-2022)