View Single Post
Old 06-22-2017, 04:35 PM

Well, time for an update on this thing. Thanks to 3D printing, I'm finally making some progress and getting excited about this thing. I originally started it with intentions of building something real close to Bad Penny. Then I noticed the paint issue and went solid black. Well, we are back to sunset orange metallic! I've added some CF parts (decals) just to give it a different look. Think auto cross.

I've also finally got a good, scale, LS engine. I'm trying to decide if I should go twin turbo or whipple. I'm leaning towards the whipple to try and keep the project moving and the costs down (all 3d printed parts).

and for size reference:

I'm still fighting with the wheels. That has been a perpetual battle. I finally found someone to machine sleeves for the wheels I drew in Solid Works. Unfortunately, the finished product was not what I was looking for, and they ended up WAY too big. What is shown in the pictures above, are the wheels I'm planning to go with. A design I drew up in solid works. The "sleeves" are also printed and painted with a molotow chrome pen, to see how it turned out.

Look for more updates coming soon!

Artwork Page