View Single Post
Old 06-26-2017, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PASD U View Post
Glad to see this is still going. I've debated building one myself but I would get a lot more frustrated. I'm way too picky wheels/tires having the right look. Closest thing I found I could use was kitbashing the detail kits for Pocher Ferrari F40's or Lambo Aventador. There is/was someone even making aftermarket tires for them
There are some guys doing some pretty cool things. 3D printing has REALLY opened up the 1/12th scale and larger stuff. There is a guy replicating Big Red, he commented earlier in this thread. He did a 3D model of the tires and is working on casting them in rubber.

Wheels are a whole different story, if you don't have CNC abilities to work in small scale, you are out some major coin. I'm still working with my 3D renderings and hopefully can order some test prints mid July to see if it is going to work. I haven't completely given up on getting wheel sleeves machined, though I am prepared to work with the printed sleeves and try to give them a finish that I like and gives the look I am after.

EDIT:

I ordered about $60 worth of 3D parts last night. I should have all of the major components for the drive train now. Whipple charged LS3 with a TKO 5spd

Artwork Page