View Single Post
Old 03-23-2020, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RT_66_Pro_Touring View Post
Fantastic update! I told you that you were MUCH better at updates than me

What are you planning to do about the fender liners? Delete them entirely? Cut and modify?

I really appreciate the specifics of you brakes and wheel offset. I'm planning on exactly the same and it's nice to see the results in detail. The thing I have decided is whether I'm going 275 on 10.5" or 315 like you did. Cutting the battery box at this point isn't appealing.
Great question on the fender liners, I forgot to mention that in my post. With rolling the fenders, you lose the mounting points for the liners. However, if you see in my pictures I marked where i needed to roll with green tape so I didn't go too far and only rolled what I needed to. This left the mounting tabs still in place in the front and back of the wheel wells. I will be trimming the liners into 2 pieces to cover those areas. On the passenger side, it's definitely critical to keep at least the back of the liner in place as the bulkhead for the engine wiring harness is right behind the tire.

I'll post up some pics once I get them mounted!

Regarding the 275 vs 315 question - not sure how much trimming you will save yourself but you will definitely save money! Depending on how long these 315s last and how many track days I get to, I may switch over to 275 myself. I doubt I am a good enough driver to even tell the difference.