Thread: My 76' and I
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2022, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by syborg tt View Post
I went back to the beginning and read the entire thread. Great back story and love seeing all the progress pics. I can’t wait to see it in your garage.

Are you taking the car home in primer or painted. If your taking it home in primer I would have him spray the complete inside of the trunk, interior, firewall and underside. This way you can assemble the car as a finished roller and have him spray the outside when you’re ready.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ideally, I'd get it painted and back home. But that all depends on final quote. So far, shop quoted me $16,000 to get the whole car stripped bare metal with all body work done and put in epoxy sealer.

Honestly, I've managed to save about $26,000 in cash for paint and body work. But until we get the thing totally stripped...we won't know the exact quote. From what me and shop owner can tell it won't need much body work. Minimal surface rust with no rot. For $26,000...I'm not sure that will be enough. I might just drag it home in epoxy sealer and start interior / fuel / brakes / steering / electrical while funds build back up. Just getting it all one color will be an insane boost to my motivation and confidence...even if it's just epoxy sealer.

For what it's worth, I had the entire interior, trunk pan, and undercarriage media blasted and painted about three years ago already when the sub frame/sub frame connectors were done; so, we're good there.

Last edited by 1_Car_Guy; 12-10-2022 at 07:43 PM.