View Single Post
Old 04-27-2019, 06:35 AM
Supporting Vendor

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car Guy View Post
Thanks for the help!

The car is already low from the factory so I want to be able to raise it up when I need to and lay it out at car shows. I want to reduce the negative camber so the wheels will stay vertical for as long as possible. Basically trying to "delay" the camber. I know there has to be some camber I just don't want it to look broke like the example that you showed.

It will only be for when the car is parked and not for driving. I know it's not popular for everyone but I have seen several high end super cars that are bagged. My car is about 4" off the ground in the front and 6" in the rear, so I want to be able to adjust that up and down when I need to.
Ive been in the suspension business for 23 years professionally and I’ve not been able to acheive what you are talking about. If you raise the upper control arm pivots you will minimize/eliminate camber gain during suspension compression. Thats fine for keeping the wheel/tire from leaning in when you drop the car (thats the way Morrision builds their airspring chassis), but it sucks out loud for cornering performance. Thats because the tire is now leaning away from the turn during suspension compression instead of leaning into it like a motorcycle. Thats the way early Mustangs, Camaros, and Chevelles behave from the factory. People pay us to fix that for them so they don’t fear for their lives when they drive those cars hard.
In my mind, the only way to acheive what you are trying to do is to create some sort of moveable upper control arm mount that you could actuate maybe with a ballscrew or hydraulic mechanism.
Its not impossible. Some of my best patents were developed because of impossibility 😊
Air Ride Technologies, Inc.
The Following User Says Thank You to bret For This Useful Post:
Car Guy (04-27-2019)