View Single Post
Old 03-09-2013, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lous69 View Post
We are going with the E67 controller along with at least one C6 fan control module and the C6 AC pressure switch as you outline above to supplement the Vintage Air controls as far as request for fans is concerned.. We have two questions:

1. We are wondering if we have to use a body control module to enable the AC pressure switch to provide a fan request signal to the ECM or if it can do so directly without a body control module?

2. We know you doubt we need 2 modules for our dual fans but if we end up going that way, do you suppose the ECM will care that there are two modules receiving it's PWM signal vs one?
We are doubtful that it would be an issue since the ECM is just switching to ground but thought we should ask.

Thanks again for your help!
Lou
1 -Does not need BCM input in addition to AC pressure. Between all inputs for fan DC request, largest wins so just need to have AC pressure switch and cals populated for fan % vs. AC pressure.

2 -I've never tried running 2 PWM modules from the single output driver, so can't really say if it'll work or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBPanel View Post
Dave, or anyone, does this apply to the earlier LS1 ECU (411) as well?. -Bob
All LS1 controllers I've worked with (P01, P59) are set for descrete fan drivers, not PWM. Can always set up to run parallel/series for 2 speed operation.

It's been so long since I've worked with one of those (outside a car it came in) I'd have to look to see if can run AC pressure switch in to control fan output.