View Single Post
Old 05-09-2017, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontlifttoshift View Post
Different and aesthetically unrefined.

The outer housing from the E stopp is threaded directly into the block on the right as is the inner cable from the right side park brake.

The inner cable from the E stopp is threaded directly to the block on the left side as is the inner cable from left side park brake. The blocks look like this, I think I had to retap the blocks to match the threads on the Estopp cable and housing.

The outer housings that route to the park brake are mount to a piece of 1" box tubing with a tab on each end. All of the load is contained within that bracket and there is no load at all on the mounts of either the Estopp or the bracket holding the cables.

Why do it this way? When the Estopp is engaged, it tries to pull the inner cable into the outer housing.....pulling the left and right park brake cables closer together. Because it floats, it self equalizes, ensuring that the pulling force is equal between both sides.

I like the looks of the way you mounted it. I have to admit, I am a little confused as to how they each pull. One goes one way, while the other goes the opposite. So how is the E Stopp cable pulling in two directions? Maybe its obvious, but as tired as I am I'm stumped. Lol.....

1955 Chevy BelAir
1951 Chevy 3100
1987 Chevy R10

Glenn