View Single Post
Old 10-02-2020, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewb70 View Post
I should make one. The white cap pops off...then the release tabs for the terminals are accessible.
Thanks! Worked perfectly.

Now on to another issue. Everything hooked up and tune modified with the same settings as in this thread in an early post for my E67. As soon as I plug the main connector to the PWM in with the car off, the fans immediately turn on. This on a cold non running car. While it was sealed and looked new, the bottom does have a slight 'burned electronics' smell. These modules are supposed to have fail safe provisions built in. I wonder if this unit failed and is now in a default always on state despite no signal. Turning the car on makes no change. Scanning shows the fan off until around 198 when the monitor line switches to 'on'. I tested this without the fans operating to get it to temp.

I don't have another unit to swap in to see if the module has failed, nor do I have an oscilloscope.

Worse yet (or better now in the garage) I found a very small pinhole in the core of the radiator. Griffin sucks!