View Single Post
Old 09-07-2014, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Track Junky View Post
Newest member of the jack stand army? Good luck moving forward
Yes most likely, jackstands, and milk crates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregWeld View Post
The very first thing you need to build is a frame table. You've got to be able to locate things dead nuts on.... and plastic crates and stuff that moves around is just not going to be repeatable or accurate enough.

I'd just buy arms off one of the suppliers of good parts and adapt your mounts to them. Go over to BMR Racing in Roseville and see if they have some kind of take offs that they'd sell. I saw a wall there with 100's of LCA and UCA's.... They'd also have all the big ball joints and bearings etc.

Moving the motor back that much --- what did that do to your shift lever???

Hope you take forever -- so I can get more seat time so you don't make me look like a fool. LOL
I know i know, I was saying I need to get some sort of a jig built up. Most people do these things first, I get excited and do things out of order. The shifter should be ok, I will just have to make something, most likely straight up or something.. I used to run a remote shifter thingy that I made, but now I will be getting rid of that.. The seat was already moved back a decent bit, so I should be ok...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in SoCal View Post
I remember the car from Sears point - removable FG door?

Looks like you were having a ball out there
My car doesnt have a removable door I did see the car you were thinking of though. I forgot whos car that was.