Thread: Project 1969
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2014, 10:31 PM

Okay, a few more updates to get y'all to present. Since I got it back this past winter, I worked on seam sealer in the interior and exterior. Also worked on the surface rust in places to help preserve the car for the winter since I did not yet have a paint shop lined up that did not have a 9 month waiting period. So I worked on the interior first. I cleaned and applied #M Seam sealer to all seams. I stripped any rust off and e-coating with a rotary nylon abrasive brush. (Thanks Sonar Chief) I then cleaned, taped off and shot the areas with Eastwood's Epoxy Primer to seal it well.

This was just to get it by as I did not want this thing sitting in Houston humidity and just rust away since I suddenly found out I was going to be traveling quite a bit for work in the first half of the year and will have less time to try to get this finalized to go to paint. (Work always seems to delay major projects like this )

Did some fitting for brake lines, fuel lines and some of my new billet accessories.

Also got my Ice wheels in from Budnik. Thanks Jason Swain.

Fronts are on the way.

Next update will have the latest progress as of 9/26/14. I will then be posting as it moves along. I finally have it at a local paint shop after hunting all summer. Great shop and has been doing excellent work so far and it is getting really close to paint now.

Last edited by Intimidator3; 07-16-2017 at 09:05 AM.