View Single Post
Old 05-12-2020, 05:06 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBronco View Post
Will, you owe everyone an update since LSfest and everything else with the car!!!!
How about an update now.

This past Saturday myself and a few friends rented out the race track to get out of quarantine and enjoy some burn rubber and race fuel.

I wanted to go log some boost control settings in the Holley and do so in a safe area and prepped track for traction reasons.

I ended up hurting the clutch/slave and was out for the day, but after seeing temps fall back into the low 70s-high 60s, and the prep they put on the track for some fast cars (7.1@200mph fast). I decided to give it another whirl. Trans was shifting on upshifts with no issues!

Babied it off the line to ensure I got a clean "fast pass"

Saw the time and turned right back around to try and best it. Didn't run a quicker time but i went FASTER:

Overall very happy with the trip. I found that I need more fuel and CarlC onboard here helped me with about an hour long phone call talking through options and general shooting of the ****. Happy to have guys like CarlC that I can rely on with good honest advice and experience to back it up.

Also a shoutout goes to AndrewB70 for helping me get this things street manners under control and just being an all around great resource and friend to chat car stuff with.

William
2018 GMC Denali HD
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to will69camaro For This Useful Post:
Roscoe03 (05-12-2020), ScotI (05-13-2020), WILWAXU (05-12-2020)