View Single Post
Old 11-10-2022, 11:25 PM

The GMPP ECU's are an odd duck, the only time I messed with one I nearly bricked it.

A few years ago I tried doing nothing other than changing fan activation temps on a GMPP ECU that came with a 480hp GMPP crate engine with EFIlive and nearly bricked the ECU. Should have been a simple operation: read, edit, reflash. But after a couple reflashes the fan activation temps would not actually change, and at one point the flash failed and left the ECU in an unusable state. Left it powered up and kept trying-- took me about an hour to recover it with the original downloaded flash using "flash operating system and calibrations" (the EFIlive equivalent of "write entire" in HPtuners.)

I never got the fan temps changed, and never looked into it any further after that to see if there was a workaround.

As mentioned, there are 2 different versions of the E67 and you may have flashed the incorrect operating system to your other ECU and bricked it, or the "oddball" GMPP OS/flash managed to hose up your non-GMPP E67. If EFIlive or HPtuners can't recover it, you *might* be able to get it back by reflashing with GM TLC / SPS and an appropriate interface (MDI2, Mongoose, etc.)

Last edited by Blown353; 11-10-2022 at 11:34 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Blown353 For This Useful Post:
camcojb (11-10-2022)