View Single Post
Old 12-07-2009, 08:27 PM

Sounds like a brake pad issue.. If you are not having problems on the street but then comes race time and you are losing some pedal.. What is the part # on the pad you have right now? You need to find pads that have a higher coefficient of friction when you get them hot when autocrossing or open tracking.. More than likely you have a BP10 or 20 which will fade after a couple of laps.. street pads..

What brake fluid are you running? I hope you are not running dot 5 silcone..

I have a car in the shop that is set up for open tracking with smaller rotors, calipers & tapper bearings & have never had the customer complain about losing pedal or pad knock back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas69 View Post
It was better but still not fixed. For normal street driving it's fine and an improvement of a roller bearing. Once race time comes around I lose about 2-3 inches of pedal after a couple turns. It's more managable but not what I hoped for when I bought the brakes. If you are getting ready to buy and rear end, make sure it's a tapered setup or even a full floater if you plan to race a bunch. If I knew then what I know now......