View Single Post
Old 12-30-2013, 12:15 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanman View Post
Kind of odd what a guy can read on a car forum. Glad you posted this a long time ago and it kept going.

Three years ago December I weighed 316, and my Doctor told me to fix it, so I spent nine months dropping 90 pounds. Long story short i gained 66 pounds back over the last two years.

I have to get back to what I was doing then, and many of the things I have read over the last hour is what I did. I started slow on the exercise, walking a mile, then running five miles six days a week because I was addicted to it. I was burnt out at the end and just quit. I was doing a 1600 calorie a day diet the nutritionist put me on to lose weight fast, and I just never took myself off of it, so that burnt me out.

I wrote everything in a book, and that tip is a great one, you learn what everything is calorie "wise", it drove my wife crazy to go to the store with her, lol. She is a runner, has been for years, 20 miles a week.

Thanks Todd, and everyone else, my fat ass is now motivated again. I think checking in here is what I need.

Joe
Joe, start with your DIET first. If you want to loose weight, stop eating any and all form of Wheat. That is your challenge #1. You WILL see weight melt off and you will stop craving sugar. This is job #1. Cut out ALL wheat and your health will not only improve (less inflammation, better digestion) but you'll also start losing weight.

Forget the exercise - this is how people fail. Get your diet straight first. And its not a diet of restrictions, it's simply changing what you eat.