View Single Post
Old 01-03-2022, 09:27 PM

Been a LONG time since an update and not quite sure where to pick up! Since July, I've been doing all I can to drive this car on both the street and the track.

My last post left off with my getting ready to leave for the UMI autocross challenge and the car did awesome with no issues. I was really happy with being able to just hop in the car and rip off some autocross laps. Here are a few action pics:

After that event, I was able to attend another local autocross with the Ford SVT club. This event was a little over an hour away and was my first time driving the car to an event as opposed to towing it. Luckily everything went great and the car cruises awesome on the highway:

Unfortunately, I got flagged at the autocross for breaking the sound limit at the start line. Woops, I guess 2 small chambered pipes aren't quite enough. The car was a bit loud for me anyway so I had a local muffler shop add a Magnaflow bullet muffler where the stock cat used to be which quieted to car down a bit:

In the fall I was able to get the car out to its first track day at an SCCA Track Night in America event at one of my local tracks (Thomposon Speedway Motorsports Park). This time the drive was a bit further (just under 2 hours) and again I drove the car solo with just my tool kit and a jack in the back. I prefer track driving to autocross and had an absolute blast letting the car stretch its legs a bit. I took it slow and built up speed gradually since this was my first time on a roadcourse with the car. I even hit some traffic and rain on the way home and the car didn't miss a beat... something I really attest to the Holley Terminator X EFI. I'm REALLY learning to trust the car now since I actually trust what the gauges are telling me and can program just about anything.

The car is currently in the garage for some winter work. I'm trying really hard to not take on any major projects this winter that end up creeping into the summer. I've really enjoyed having the car running well over the summer and fall and hope to continue that next year. I'm sure I'll find some trouble to get into but hey that's half the fun.

I'll try my best to be better with some updates moving forward, but you can always find me on Facebook (Garage Engineering) or Instagram (garage_engineer) for some daily updates!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to garage_engineer For This Useful Post:
camcojb (01-03-2022), Roscoe03 (01-08-2022), Spiffav8 (01-04-2022), zz430droptop67rs (01-03-2022)