View Single Post
Old 08-09-2020, 07:41 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustomatic View Post
You didn't say you made a post, Trey. On that note, how about some feelthy peekchurs? The internet requires pictures, especially when bitchin' rims and dollars are involved.

I made Fritz the 524 slightly acknowledge life today through the exhaust (then fuel sploded all over the intake). What are the odds of my stanky old Beemer running sooner than yours?
Doh, that hurts, Paul . I found a not so pleasant review of the place I sent my blower. They said they waited 3-4 months to get their blower back. I really hope mine doesn't end up that way. This is starting to bug me not being able to drive the car.

Congrats on getting your BMW running even if only for a short bit.

I'll add some pics soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72Z/28 View Post
The centers could be sandblasted to remove the old powder coating. I am not sure about the torque value for the bolts on forgeline wheels but Fikse recommends 13 ft. Lbs ( 156 in. Lbs) to torque the wheel center bolts
Quote:
Originally Posted by carbuff View Post
Forgeline can recoat the centers, I've had that done once. It wasn't too expensive as I recall, but it's been a few years. (around $100 per wheel, but that also included return shipping)

I've also reassembled my wheels a few times. I believe that I remember Forgeline recommending to replace the bolts/nuts after 3 torque cycles. I have not done that yet, but would probably do so next time I take them apart.

I just found an old email from them. The torque specs they sent me are:
"The thru bolts are 26 ft/lbs and the blind bolts are 25 ft/lbs"
Finally, replacing an outer rim half is not hard, and for what you paid you would still come out ahead. Probably easier in the big picture than trying to repair them.

Good luck!
Thanks everyone. I appreciate the information. I'll definitely look into it with Forgeline. The local company said $500 per wheel with them doing everything. I figure I can save money taking them apart and reassembling them myself but that's still not cheap.

Current rides: 2000 BMW 540i/6 and 86 C10.

Former ride: 1979 Trans Am WS6: LT1/T56, Kore 3 C5/6 brakes, BMW 18in rims

Last edited by WSSix; 08-09-2020 at 07:44 PM.