View Single Post
Old 07-03-2006, 02:29 PM

Default 65 Porsche w C5 Drive

Hi everyone !

New kid on the block. Found the site recently - like an oasis in the desert !!! I've really enjoyed looking at all your sites and reviewing the Forums - some really awsome people and projects.

Here's a new twist for you to think about. I have a 65 356 Porsche coupe - and I'm in the process of installing a 2002 C5 drivetrain and suspension under it. I have to build a custom perimeter box frame - with a tube backbone so I can lower the car down. (Kinda like the Sniper that Troy did a while back) I also have to split the car and widen it 10 inches to get the torque tube down the middle. I'm sure I'll upset the 356 crowd - they call these Outlaw cars. Hope they will see it as an interesting use of the car.

I have the parts, the frame jig is done, and I'm starting to layout the suspension cradles/parts so I can determine where the upper A-arms pickups go. Does anyone know the factory suspension measurements that would help me figure out the proper placement of the upper ?? (not the alignments specs) I've read some of the threads where some people just install them to look good and don't worry about how it works at the limits - but I'd like to really make it work too ! Any help would be appreciated !!

Enjoy !!

Jim
Attached Images