View Single Post
Old 09-01-2020, 12:55 PM

Default McLeod twin disk knocking

Looking for some other people input...…

Installed a McLeod twin disk on my Gen III Hemi, T56 Magnum build and its noisy as hell. New trans, new pilot, did the bell alignment, new McLeod flywheel, had a local shop balance the assembly etc etc.... so as far as I can tell I did the install spot on...

When the trans is in neutral and clutch out, it knocks like crazy.... best comparison I can make is it sounds like rod knock..... push the clutch in.....totally quiet.

Talked to the guys at Bowler... the company I purchased it through....sent them a video and their feedback is that they have had several McLeod twin sound just like that.... customer brought cars back, thinking something was wrong too..... so apparently this is "normal" for these set up..... WTH... they basically feel like the are noisy but work just fine

Some other stuff came up and I had to pull the motor and trans anyway, so its all out of the car now and visually it looks normal. The car was only run around the block a few times, so the set up has less than 3-5 miles tops.

I'm going to call McLeod and get there input but looking for some real world unbiased opinions.... thoughts?