View Single Post
Old 10-07-2021, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhutton View Post
If you move the temp sensor to a hotter location the fans will turn faster to drive that hotter location cooler. The net result should be lower coolant temperature as measured by your temperature gauge. This applies to idle and low speed driving, not highway driving.

Don
I'm fine with 200° highway temp but I need to get that down to the mid to low 190's to turn the fans off. It'd be interesting to see if the fans were off on the highway at 65-70 (roughly 2200-2400 rpm) would the temp just stick at 200° or would it increase or decrease? When I had a 4-core radiator straight no clutch mechanical fan, I think... that fan would be pulling more air thru the radiator than dormant eFans right?

I guess I could move the sensor up higher on the side of the tank and see what happens, but am I missing something with regard to fan RPM? Carl's little PWM does a really nice job on the soft start of the two fans, and even when I shut the car down, its a slow ramp down for about a minute or so that the fans are powered but gradually reducing RPM until they stop. Moving the sensor to a hotter section of the radiator (closer to the top) would also probably keep the fans on at highway speed.

Yesterday I pulled off the bumper and grill because the RS grill's getting painted hopefully next week along with the endura bumper and a couple other items. Gonna take it for a ride and see what happens without a grill. I'm also thinking about building a lower close-out panel to help channel air thru the condenser and radiator. And I keep thinking about Mark Donahue's radiator ducting LOL.