View Single Post
Old 10-23-2021, 08:14 AM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67-ls1 View Post
6 figures? I can see it if you want a show car/trailer queen but not for something you drive everyday or if you pay someone to build it for you.
I’m in my car around $40k but it’s a 10 footer that I drive everywhere. Grocery shopping, hardware store, I mean everywhere.
Ok, maybe I should've said "upwards" of $100k. Of course there are variables in the equation to bring the price down...doing his own work, etc. But, we all know if you want a car that drives super nice, you can't cut corners and have to have some nice aftermarket parts from reputable manufactures which isn't cheap. Stock parts from 50 years ago just aren't going to cut it. Nothing wrong with stock, but the OP stated he wanted a car that drives like "new." That's what I'm basing it off of. It's all subjective though. But, my impression was he wants a car very similar to his late model Camaro and to me that's a nearly 6-figure build including the price of buying a nice donor and not a basket case for $5k that's a rust bucket to start with. Those type of cars already net $10k-$15k in parts and labor with metal replacement from the jump if you have a poor/raggedy car to start with.

Last edited by 214Chevy; 10-23-2021 at 08:56 AM.