View Single Post
Old 05-31-2012, 07:42 PM

Default Not much in the way of progress, call it "Character development"

I know you guys like to be fed with pictures, so to make up for my longwinded first post I will just throw a few pics out tonight with captions. I am not so good at brief explanations but I will try.

After this and a pizza I am going to head back to the garage... the Girlfriend had an outta town softball game for her daughter and tomorrow night is her sons Graduation ceremony.

Not that everybody here cares about odometers since most cars are heavily modded and thoroughly gone through... but Someday has 121,531 actual. Motor was done around 117k as I recall but I have it written down somewhere.

If you read the intro you might have caught the comment about Someday being something of a draw for fires... more on that later. Here is evidence of another close call I had almost forgotten. No fuse blew, the repro cig lighter I had just bought melted so I tossed it out the window. It was not a good test but I learned why the original was probably nonfunctioning..

I bet your eye went to that rockin' downtown Kenwood pullout!!
Did you even notice the factory AC? That little bit you see below the off and de-ice is a special limited edition vibration dampening anti-annoyance device made entirely of compressed wood fiber. It originally came with a small collection of incendiaries from an adult drinking establishment back in the day.

Here is another sign of Somedays history with fire. That is a heap of buffing compound sitting on smoke residue that has not been cleaned off the hinges yet. It has been 5 years and I still find that crap lurking in places.