View Single Post
Old 02-09-2013, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas69 View Post
Steven, you should chime in on your ideals. Who, what, and how. For starters....
The best way I can explain my change is by describing a life-changing challenge that I am undertaking. Through it, it will show you how every day-to-day situation that used to bring out negative emotions, can be viewed with an equally compelling set of positive emotions. Just by changing your perspective, moments of frustration are equally viewed as moments of opportunity, moments of rushing/panic are equally viewed as moments to learn, moments of jealousy are equally viewed as moments of admiration.

It's really easy, but is a very conscious process. Simply, every sentence you utter, ONLY say it with positive phrasing. For example, a really easy one is, "I don't want to be late." Mentally, this is very different from saying the equivalent of "I want to be on time." Studying the two sentences, you can see how the second one opens up more opportunities for you mentally.

Another example is, "I don't want to do the dishes." For this, you could say, "I want to do the dishes tomorrow." Lo and behold, the next morning you are much more mentally accepting of the pile of dishes.

There's a million examples, but, essentially, pay attention to how you phrase sentences, and spin as many of them positively as possible. Chip away at it, and you will find yourself happier with yourself, people will like you more, and you will be more influential and empowered.

Cheers!
S

1968 Camaro: "TRACKDAY"

Build In Progress: https://lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php4?t=10706