View Single Post
Old 10-29-2011, 10:38 PM

I think that pretty much puts me up to date as far as what the car is running. I did forget to mention that I was running the stock lower control arms up until recently picking up the Global West lowers to match the uppers. The car handled great with the stock LCA's but I thought it would be benificial to add the new lowers. I also intend on adding a few other photo's of what Vince at Deamspeedmotors did but all in good time.

So the latest are the new Afco front springs and adjustable spring spacers.

After installing the new Global West lower control arms the poly spring base raised the car about an inch and a quarter. I pulled the springs out again, cut them, and dropped the car too low which limited my travel.

I noticed the diffference my last track dat at Buttonwillow. At initial turn in the car pushed a bit and I'm pretty sure I was bottoming out on my bump stops.

So being a budget build this is my next solution to that problem. I picked up some Afco adjustable spring spacers along with 2 sets of springs. The springs in the pic's are 650 lb. I also ordered a set of 600 lb and will try them both to see which work the best.

The springs are 9 1/2" tall and the spacers at lowest setting are 3" tall. I'm going to cut an inch off the top of the adjustable spacer. I'm also thinking about welding studs at the top of the spacers and drilling holes at the top of the spring pocket so that I can bolt the spacer in. Then I want to weld the spring to the spacer so that I could adjust height by turning the spring. Thats all here say for now as I wont know what I'm getting into until installation but I'm pretty sure thats how it will play out.

Last edited by Track Junky; 10-29-2011 at 10:45 PM.