View Single Post
Old 03-03-2022, 11:36 PM
Lateral-g Moderator

Default 1969 Camaro "Sketchy”

It's been a crazy six months..... mostly good stuff and I'm not complaining. I finally gave into the pain and had shoulder surgery, changed jobs, Mike (98NOVASS) is staying with me while working a new job, bought a Harley Davidson.... twisted Mikes arm and he bought one too and I bought a clean 69 Camaro body.

These are just way to much fun!

Ever since The Victim sold I've been watching for the right car. Nothings seemed right and I put the idea of getting another car on hold thinking maybe I'd find one over the winter. SEMA was happening and as usual, it got me thinking about build ideas. Not expecting to find anything but disappointment, I opened OfferUp on my ipad was was surprised to find what looked like a clean body. I spoke with the seller who had bought it, from a widow, thinking it was a real Z28. Apparently it was in a shop full of cars/parts and was covered with years worth of junk and all he could see was the tail pan. He had to buy everything in the shop to get the car...so the story goes. When it turned out not to be a real Z28 he decided to sell everything. Whatever...... Supposedly the previous owner was going to build it into a Trans-Am style race car in the early 80's and then switched directions and went with a different car. Based on the panels, sub-frame modifications, 2nd gen parts and dash that came with the car, it seems possible. So I snagged my buddies trailer and asked Mike for an assist.

It was a 2am departure out of Vegas for SoCal and about half was we stopped for breakfast. Word of advise.... no matter how much of a straight shot it looks like, don't try to tow a trailer though the driver though. That was an adventure all on it's own! Mike did great though.

We arrived and looked the car over and it was better than advertised. So we loaded it up and head back to Vegas.

In another thread, I mentioned picking up an LS7 and having Katech work some of their magic on it. It's will be the heart of the build and should be more than enough to keep me entertained.

I have a few ideas, but nothing set in stone. It will be a lot like The Victim, only more refined. With free time being a challenge, I may have a shop do the bulk of the work and of course I would love for Jim to paint the car if he has time. For now it's Pro Jack Stand. I hope to get things started around the end of the year. Time will tell.

Thanks for looking!

NO ONE IS COMING. IT'S UP TO US.

http://www.navysealfoundation.org/
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Spiffav8 For This Useful Post:
130fe (03-04-2022), Avgasman (03-05-2022), camcojb (03-04-2022), dhutton (03-04-2022), fleetus macmullitz (03-06-2022), jarhead (03-05-2022), kwhizz (03-04-2022), Roscoe03 (03-04-2022), Sonar Chief (03-25-2022), syborg tt (03-04-2022), waynieZ (03-10-2022), WILWAXU (03-05-2022)