View Single Post
Old 07-03-2006, 10:34 PM

Default Your Truck !!

Hi Roger,

Thanks for the kind words !

I have been tracking your project for a while dude. I actually have a book in the shop with pictures of other peoples' rides (many from Lat-G) that are doing simular projects like what I'm attempting. I have several of your truck chassic picts that I've been refering to as a guide - thanks ! That will be soooo cool - keep up the great work and I can't wait to see the deal on the road ! GOOD Luck at SEMA you lucky dog ! (wish I could get in there ...)

The reason for splitting the car is because on 356 Porsches - the pax and drive seats are literally touching. In order to get the torque tube down the middle - I'll need to widen the car at least 10 inches to seperate the seats. Other then that - I really don't need the stock vette track width. If I widen the car as stated - the stock vette track width is just right. I might shorthen it a bit so I can get a slightly deeper lip on the face of the wheels just for appearance - but the stock Porsche turbo wheels don't have much anyway.

One of my main problems is lowering the steering rack down so I can move the engine forward and over the rack. I have an LS1 front sump pan from a GTO that will let me move it forward - to gain some foot well space if needed. Once I get the upper arms set in their stock locations - I'm ready to set the body on the jig and start cutting !

Thanks !!
Attached Images