View Single Post
Old 10-19-2009, 11:33 AM

You're right, it's my problem. I just assumed spending 3k on brakes wouldn't have me chasing my tail for a year. First it started with a mis communication between Wilwood and Moser. Guess who got Wilwood to design an updated plate to fix the excessive bearing slide? I have two of them sitting on my bench for free directly from the manager at Wilwood. And they are twice as thick since one of the originals was tweaked from side force. Oh yeah, that's after I paid for a set of Currie plates and spent the money to have the bearing pressed on and off.

I'm experiencing it on the street as well. When I say street, I mean regular driving. I go around two corners and my pedal easily changes about an inch. On the autocross is goes almost to the floor. If it was a track only deal then I'd be thinking front hubs. I still think it's out back.

The 10lb residual will probably fix it but I like to take it on some long cruises. Maybe I should try some new bearing out back before I drop a fortune on a new hydraboost setup and master cylinder.