View Single Post
Old 07-07-2012, 06:45 PM

Default Healthy Living 101

There has been some talk of this thread so I thought I'd fire it up. The financial thread has proved to be a very good source for information and different perspective. In my mind, life all starts with health. With great health, happiness, success, and wealth will be much easier to achieve.

Around 30 days ago I decided to change my life. I've weight trained for 17 years but I've never had the diet and lifestyle to match. Now at 35 years old, my bad habits of my twenties were catching up to me. Drinking to much, not eating terribly but way to much and far from a well rounded diet. I'd sleep 8 hours everynight and NEVER feel well rested. I have a messed up nose from a break in a car accident and some allergies that make sleeping a task. Needless to say, it compounded into no energy and a real lack of motivation.

I picked up two books to read. The Compound Effect and Live Young Forever. The Compound Effect is an excellent life book that takes simple ideas and changes to your lifestyle for a more positive direction. I highly recommend it to everyone and I'll go deeper into it as the thread progresses. In fact, I've already passed them out to 4 friends and I'm ordering more. The Jack Lallane book, Live Young Forever, has some similar messages but really focuses on excercise and diet.

One of my first goals was to start shedding weight. I've achieved that two ways. I'm now running 7-10 miles a week and weights on the odd days. Whether it's weights of running, I'm done in 30-40 minutes. It's all high intensity. I ran a mile in 7:45 last week which is faster than I did in high school. With the diet, I'm writing down EVERYTHING I eat EVERYDAY. I research the calories and content. It's a very very heavy vegetable/fruit/nuts and good proteins diet.(Fish/Chicken) Writing down everything does two things: 1. It makes you responsible for your calorie intake. 2. It educates you on calorie and nutrition. You need to establish the right amount of calories for you based on your size, age, and activity level.

I 'm down over 8 lbs and adding muscle at the same time. On top of that, I've been waking up NATURALLY at 5-6 in the morning. I've been feeling better than I have in a long long time. I'm focused and sharper. I'm dedicated to making these changes my new GOOD habits and erasing the BAD habits of my past.

What are you doing to stay healthy? What tips can you share?

Watch this video on the home page of Jack's website and tell me he didn't hit the nail on the head 50-60 years ago.
http://www.jacklalanne.com/

Last edited by Vegas69; 07-07-2012 at 06:57 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Vegas69 For This Useful Post:
GEARBOXGARAGE (05-04-2019)