View Single Post
Old 07-08-2012, 12:14 AM

Great thread topic Todd, thanks for starting it. I'll definitely check out those books. One book I'm reading right now and would like to suggest to everyone is called "The End of Illness" by David Agus, MD. He's a high level cancer researcher and talks a lot about cancer and preventing it, but also why supplements like vitamins have never been proven to help anything and why you must get those things from food. He also talks about the benefits of exercise and backs up all his points with solid research facts. He also outlines a plan for you to go to your doctor with and what questions to ask him and what tests to get done. If you want to know what health and medicine will look like in the future, this might be it.

I'm 44, work out regularly, play ice hockey, golf, tennis and feel as good as I ever did. I've been going through a ridiculous divorce and whenever I'm done at the gym I feel better mentally and emotionally then I do at any other time. It doesn't only work on your muscles.

Don't take your health for granted if you have it, you have to work to keep it. I lost my mom to cancer when she was 52 and I was only 16 and now my Dad is battling 2 kinds of it at 80. Exercise and diet are the best preventatives there are, I encourage everyone to get on a program and stay on it.

Subscribed!

69 Camaro
Several other things with wheels and engines

https://lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php4?t=27133