View Single Post
Old 01-22-2022, 02:59 PM

Thanks Jody!

updates...

So I scored big time. Wasn't cheap but bought it anyway. Brand new gen 3 8.3l "crate" engine fell in my lap.
Let just say its left over from some motorsport-program. (Cant tell more)
Oh boy do I have some plans for this...

Its time to start building the tube frame. Building it from 1 1/4 DOM tubing. Was calculation for a long time should I build it from that new high strength tubing, Swedish Docol R8. Actually all are made by SSAB here in Finland but shipped to Sweden and sold from there. SSAB is Swedish company. But I decided to go with familar DOM. I may have to compesate weight with more power..
Raising the floors 3" so first tube goes to upper inner part of rockers. Then small pieces between ans second tube under those. Should be stiff piece. Next cross tube and bended tubes to inside rear frame rail. All to way to back panel. From there forward one pair as "subframe connectors". Frame rails and all inside is painted with industrial grade gray 2-k epoxy before hand.

Another score, cheap roller C4 Vette, I bought it just for front suspension. One of my friends needed the rest. So kind of free be for me. Luckily I've a dually and large enclosed trailer also my company is one of few GM Performance centers around here so I have access to GM files. Body dimensions. Front axle mounting dimensions and angle.. Do you guess by now where this is going...

Then after some measurements, turned on my plasma and cutted off the whole front windshield forward off. Where we are going, we don't need torsion bars..

Then another score, came across craigslist-add. Light rear end crashed Maybach 57 parting out in Florida. Got my good friend to go and check that the trans was good and right number one. (722.649) Not so popular in US but widelly used in Europe, many kind of motorsport. Holds a lot of tq. Even in stock form. Of course it can be beefed up and this will be.
This has two reverse gears (Aftermarket controller can run both).
Modern Mopars NAG-1 is same family Mercedes trans.
NAG-1 =W5A580 (580Nm) mine W5A900 (900Nm)
Have no idea how to connect this to V10 but I'm sure I'll sort it out some how..(spoiler alert, I will)
Attached Images

Last edited by SuperB70; 02-14-2022 at 10:42 PM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SuperB70 For This Useful Post:
dhutton (01-29-2022), jarhead (01-22-2022), Roscoe03 (01-28-2022), syborg tt (05-18-2022)