View Single Post
Old 02-18-2021, 07:59 AM
Supporting Member

Default Halos - Angel Eyes - LED lights 69 Camaro

I know this subject has been beat to death over the years. But...my turn.

Last year I got some Military Grade LED lights for my 1988 M998 Humvee. I LOVE them - they are freaky looking too.

So, I found some on Amazon for a 12volt 7" that include as ring that can go white or amber. I also found out that if you get 80 mm angel eye halos, they will fit inside the lower front parking light with a bit of grinding around the very inner edge.

They are sweet looking!

Anyway, I screwed up when I first put this car back together by painting my core support red on both side - making the grille looking transparent when the car is approaching. I'm going to black all that out while I have it apart. I've had a notorious issue where the horn goes bad on this car over time. I've put about 17,000 miles on it in 16 years and while it sits in climate controlled shops, the horns go bad and end up sounding like a dead duck.

I've got some Hella horns to go in. I'm mounting them differently so they don't develop the same sound. Funny, I have ducks...I was out honking the horn the other day they were like "God...is that you?"

I'll post up some pictures later. The one I took of the right light vs. the left light while burning in photos...looks different than in person. The 80 mm halo ring isn't in the parking light in this photo.
Attached Images